Your skin is the fingerprint of what is going on inside your body, and all skin conditions, from psoriasis to acne to aging, are the manifestations of your body’s internal needs, including its nutritional needs.
To have a good skin is important to focus not only on creams and lotions you put on your skin but what you put into your body as well. Health experts say that vitamins and minerals in all forms play an integral role in a healthy complexion, whether the source is food, supplements, or even a jar of cream.
Brazilians are known for the natural beauty. But of course they must have some secrets, and most of it comes from the dairy food.
Do not miss these healthy tips.
With these easy and basic recipes you can keep your body and skin healthy.
10 natural ways to keep your Skin healthy in Brazilian style
1. Brazil Nuts: Filled with the mineral Selenium, Brazil nuts improve skin elasticity and battle infections. They also contain zinc which helps ease inflammation, promote skin cell growth, maintain collagen and alleviate symptoms of eczema and psoriasis.
2. Berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries…) All help the body manufacture collagen which makes the skin supple and smooth. Berries are loaded with antioxidants and are excellent sources of Vitamin C & E, riboflavin and fiber.
3. Carrots: High in beta-carotene (vitamin A) and vitamin C, carrots are powerful antioxidant that mop up free radicals, such as those produced by overexposure to the sun. In fact, carrots have an SPF factor of 2-4 providing some additional natural sun protection for people of light color skin.
4. Green Tea: it has anti-inflammatory properties, reduces damage from UV rays.
5. Oily Fish: Salmon, Sardines, fresh tuna contain high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. Decrease the occurrence of clogged pores. Reduce skin dryness. Prevent harmful substances from entering the cells, keep water in and cell hydrated.
6. Avocado: Sure they are high in fat. But it’s a healthy monounsaturated fat that keeps skin plump, moist and youth looking. It is also loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids that help improve the quality of your skin.
7. Sunflower Seeds: The antioxidant power of vitamin E, it slows down aging. Some believe sunflower seeds reduce the appearance of blackheads and acne, and alleviate psoriasis and atopic dermatitis.
8. Dairy Products: Vitamin A is freshly delivered through dairy products, which is important in the development of the new skin cells.
9. Dark Chocolate: Surprisingly enough, the oh-so-sinful dark chocolates do have a high antioxidant content which helps improve the flow of blood to the skin.
10. Pomegranates: Anthocyanins in pomegranate juice strengthen the walls of tiny blood vessels that supply nutrients to the skin. Drinking pomegranate juice can help stop the formation of spider veins.