There are several natural treatment especially herbal remedies to treat hemorrhoids. They are very safe without any adverse side effects. There are many herbal and natural remedies to treat piles, however severe, in the privacy of ones home. Most of the ingredients used are easily available in most kitchen or can be also grown in the garden if necessary.
Types of Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids also called piles are of two types. These are the internal hemorrhoids and the external hemorrhoids. If its internal, then the piles usually occur within the confines of the lower rectum and the anus alone. These are mostly accompanied with slight bleeding and blood can be noticed passing along with the stool. There is no feeling of pain. However when the hemorrhoids grow in size and weight, they prolapse outside from the anus. If it’s accompanied with blood clots, they are referred as thrombosed hemorrhoids and are mostly painful, itching and irritating that makes life miserable.
Cause of Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids occur when the tissues and the blood vessels especially the varicose like veins get distended. This can happen because of strain when defecating, especially during constipation. Other factors may include long hours of sitting or standing, with very little movement in between. Lifting of heavy objects, pregnancy, cirrhosis of the liver, anal infection etc.
Home Treatment of Hemorrhoids
The following natural methods at home can get rid of hemorrhoids completely. These are as follows:
- Keep your body hydrated. Drink at least eight to ten glasses of water each day. This keeps the stool soft and is easy to pass.
- Avoid coke or any other soft drinks and beverages such as excess coffee that can cause dehydration fast.
- Do not eat processed food especially those made of white flour and is sugary. They lack high fibers and nutrition.
- Remain physically active. Take long and brisk walks each day. Do some exercises and if possible yoga too.
- Lose weight as obesity too can cause hemorrhoids.
- Do not lift objects that are too heavy. If need be then do it the proper way without straining too hard. Do not hold your breath when lifting, as it can put lot of strain on the hemorrhoidal arteries and varicose veins.
- Cleanse your anus with water and avoid scented or fancy tissues.
- Do not strain too hard when defecating.
- Take warm or sitz bath.
- Eat food rich in high fibers such as whole grains, green vegetables, raw fruits etc.
Herbal Hemorrhoid Treatment
The following herbal remedy too can be useful.
- Aloe Vera
- Witch Hazel
- Horse Chestnuts
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Psyllium (rich in fibers)
- Gingko Biloba
- Butcher’s Broom
- Cranberry Juice
- Red hot chili pepper or Cayenne